We were appointed to scaffold the entire 17 storey (54m high) Sutton Point tower block. The building was being demolished using the top down demolition method. The building was within 5m of Sutton Station.
Scope of Works
- Encapsulate entire building with 2800m2 of tubular scaffolding. Scaffolding was then covered with Monarflex to help contain the dust during the demolition.
- A debris fan was installed on the southern elevation. This was to act as additional protection for the railway line.
- Incorporate scaffold into goods hoist that was installed on the east elevation.
- Erect hand rails to risers and the lift shaft as the building is opened up during the demolition.
- Scaffold was progressively struck as the building was reduced a floor at a time.
Sutton Court Road, Sutton, SM1 4TY
August 2015 - August 2016